***EMERGENCY!!! NEED to borrow a needle pump for my skimmer!!!**

bonzai888

Non-member
Someone help!!!!!

I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for 2 weeks and just found out my Sedra 3500 needle pump for my skimmer died. DEAD!!!!

Does anyone have a Sedra pump I may borrow or rent????? Something I can use to get my skimmer going!!!

or you guys think my tank will be fine for 2 weeks without a skimmer?

50G tank

PLEASE do call if you can help!!! Call anytime!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

510-375-3337

Howard

Did you try taking the pump apart and cleaning? I agree that 2 weeks won't kill the tank. I would just do a water change when you get back and get it running again.

The tank will most definitely survive two weeks without a skimmer. I would try Mike's suggestion and give it a good cleaning and a smack it a couple times to see if you can start it that way.

1/2 gallon of white vinegar on hand at all times, every reefers best friend :)

I'd have to agree with everyone,
Given the choice to go with out or run around frantic to get a new pump in there then worry about tuning it etc...right before leaving for two weeks. I would absolutely go without.

I upgraded my Euroreef skimmer pump this year and still have the old serda. You can have it if it works out logistically.

Nothing wrong with it - just thought it was a bit undersized and upgraded when euroreef came out with a new impeller and more powerful pump.

My Sedra 3500 died about 6 weeks ago and the replacement just came last week. The first couple of hours the skimmer cup filled twice then went right back to normal skimmate output. You will be fine without one for a while.

Back