Broken auto top off help

gadolinium

Gadolinium
My auto top off is not working and I was wondering if I could fix what I have or need to buy a new one.
The lifter pump when plugged in alone works just fine. When I connect the lifter pump to my auto top off and then plug the whole thing into the wall nothing happens. The in tank float part is not open so I can't see if it has debris built up on it. When I turn it over and back I can hear the float slide back and forth easily.
Anything else I should check?

I've never had a problem with my float valves but maybe you can try soaking it in vinegar to clean it a bit and loosen it up. Maybe it's just getting stick somewhere.

What brand is it BTW?

From autotopoff.com. I already soaked it in vinegar. I think I might have to buy a new one. It's only 35$ to replace, but I have a feeling it could be a $5 fix if I knew what was wrong.

From autotopoff.com. I already soaked it in vinegar. I think I might have to buy a new one. It's only 35$ to replace, but I have a feeling it could be a $5 fix if I knew what was wrong.

I would do this I used them before i switched to an Apex they work good.

I've had aone of there float switches running for over 3 years with no issues.
Never even clean it ever.Maybe it was just a bad one.

My auto top off is not working and I was wondering if I could fix what I have or need to buy a new one.
The lifter pump when plugged in alone works just fine. When I connect the lifter pump to my auto top off and then plug the whole thing into the wall nothing happens. The in tank float part is not open so I can't see if it has debris built up on it. When I turn it over and back I can hear the float slide back and forth easily.
Anything else I should check?

why don't you take the top off unit out of the tank and plug a lamp into where the pump would go. Tip the float switch up and down should trigger the contact. If it doesn't work, then it could be either the solenoid or the switch.

Back