BRS is great, thanks moe

JohnK

Staff member
BRS Member
I only check the borads on and off. I don't know what's up but there's been a lot of negativity lately. This stinks. Are we as a group going to degrade ourselves to the level of the most petty RC flame wars?

Everybody please remember....
this is a non profit group of people who share an interest. Nobody gets paid, it's just about the hobby. I first went to a meeting in 2001 at CRA. people were great, I went home with a cooler full of frags that people insisted on giving me for free. Moe has been putting a lot of effort into supporting this club for years. There are a lot of great people in the club,,,, and it's easy for things being posted on a fourm to be misunderstood or to get confused. There are a lot of new people joining all the time, it seems clicky because so many people already know each other through the club.

I'm really bummed that some people are feeling unhappy about things and all I can say is lets all try to stay positive. This BRS bashing lately is disappointing and maybe even embarassing.

MACNA is a big project and unfortunately there will be some problems/concerns. Lets all act like we're all on the same team.

Thanks Moe, for all your hard work. I think it's too bad that your stepping down, you've done more for the club than anyone. You can have free frags from my tanks anytime.

To everyone, we're all a part of this group so lets make it a good experience. If someone is unhappy about something, please let's deal with it in a constructive way.

thanks to:
moe, greg, scavdog, jmac, t-stone, mikeroby, roy-roy, reefrancher, doug, jeremy, pinkskunk (that rbta finally split), brendon (where are you now?), charlie betta (still don't know you in person but owe you a frag), deanP, and everybody else I didn't think of or know yet.

the BRS is a great resource to any reefer in the area. lets all be a part of it and make it the best it can be.

thanks for listening
jk

It was thorough the BRS dating forum I met Marvin, oh I guess its been a few years now. He was much younger then...time goes by so quickly.
Thanks BRS

My $0.02. Moe has taken this club one hell of a long way, and has put up with an incredible amount of BS. Once we survive Macna we have a very bright future.

jimmyj7090 said:
thanks to:
moe, greg, scavdog, jmac, t-stone, mikeroby, roy-roy, reefrancher, doug, jeremy, pinkskunk (that rbta finally split), brendon (where are you now?), charlie betta (still don't know you in person but owe you a frag), deanP, and everybody else I didn't think of or know yet.

Thanks for the thanks jimmyj. I think the meeting at CRA in 2001 was the first one I went to as well. I still have the unusual leathers I got from you during the parkinglot trading session. Remember those nice calm frag swaps? lol Met alot of great people, just on my first meeting. Chuck Smith, Jake, Moe, Jimmyj, and many others.

I agree with what jimmyj has said and also appreciate the hard work put into making the club what it is today. I went to that first meeting not knowing what to expect. Yes I had been lurking for a while, and keeping reefs for a few years already(there was no BRS when I started reefkeeping) and thought "what can these 'newbie upstarts' teach me about reefkeeping that I don't know yet" lol I was wrong... I learned alot and still do. Meeting people who had this similar interest as me sort of 'fueled the reefing fire' so to speak. I do not post much but I do watch, listen and learn from these forums and it has helped me out in the hobby. Yes at the end of the day it is still just a hobby. (Well.. and obsession with some but still a hobby) The club is just an added way to enjoy the hobby we all love. Keep up the good work BRS.

Joe <"}}}}}><

Back