BRS reactor question

dannyp02908

Non-member
Has anyone got rid of the quick connects/flex line and switched to hard plumbing? For those that may have, how did it work out? I am getting tired of chasing leaks.

Last edited:
I would ditch the quick connects and just go to barbed fittings like those found on the TLF reactors. That helped me with another quick-connect issue. Now I have all my stuff like that, hard elbows with ridges, connected to soft line to go where I need it.

I have always used the quick connects and never had a leak. But like Skeeter said you could just go to barbed fittings.

Yea, that's odd, IME the quick connects work great. Have you tried cutting the end of the tubing to get a fresh end?

Ive cut the end as well as used new tubing. Im guessing the quick connect elbow is worn. However, i would honestly prefer to use hard line to neaten it up. Everything else in my sump is rigid pipe. Was curious if anyone else had done it and their experience with it.

I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Did you use the same kind of tubing it came with, or did you swich over to vinyl?

didnt realize there was a difference. I grabbe clear tubing from the depot. Seemed tighter but still leaked. Switched back to original tubing.

I believe the clear tubing is vinyl which will not work. the Opaque kind is polypropylene which is what you need to use with Johnny Guest fittings.

Back