BRSTV LED/T5 live

cablez

Non-member

This seems crazy. T-5's are the stand alone top choice for PAR/PUR. What was even more crazy was....how the Reefbrite style strips mimics the T5. So Radions not worth it? Better to get 3-4 strips depending on coral type in tank and call it a day? Would certainly be a better viewing spectrum to the eye over say thing like. Vipar, ocean revives, mars aquas and other black box style leds. This might be best budget option. Cheap LEDS, with Reef brite supplementation....and you get the full range??? :O:O So many new things learned about lighting here. Great video

They were clearly tee'ing up the announcement of the AI blades today. The AI prime's were a shadowing disaster with the hydras not far behind the Primes.

Last edited:
One of my ATI t5 fixture is 15 years old, it still works perfectly.

How often do you have to change the bulbs ?
Every 18 months.
There was a study showed that ATI bulbs could last for 18 months without significant degradation of par.
I tested them myself and the Par drops significantly during the first two weeks of burning in period, then only drop about 10% after that till 18 months. BRS also verified that ATI t5 bulbs hold their spectrum well.
I found that some other brands of t5 bulbs do not last that long.

Back