BTA questions

pvh

Non-member
Can anyone tell me what I should feed my BTA and how do I get my clowns to host it?

Thank you.

I feed mine Krill Shrimp once a week, some people feed theres less or more. As for hosting if you do a search you will find threads about using a taped picture on the tank. How long have you had the BTA? What kind of clowns. It could just take some time.

I just got it last Friday. I don't think my percula clowns even notice it. They just swim pass it.

It can take time before the clowns host it, my last one took over a month. I feed mine silversides once a week.

Silversides or Shrimp pieces...my clowns actually take the pieces to the Anemone.

As for hosting..yeah you just need to wait or try one of the tricks.

Do you mean the raw shrimps that we cook to eat? What is silversides? And can I feed them frozen brine shrimps? Sorry for the newb questions.

Dont ever be sorry for asking a question.

Yes, I buy the small raw shrimps we eat and freeze them. Then I unfreeze one a week and shred it up with my fingers and feed the anemone and my brittle star likes a piece too.

Silversides are small fish that come frozen in bags. They are 2-3 inches long and you pull them apart and put one in the anemone.

There is also a bagged frozen "mixed seafood" product in most grocery stores. You usually get a pound of raw shrimp, octopus, squid, scallops, and cooked muscles and clam. My anemones seem to prefer this stuff over the silversides, but that is just my experience.

Be sure to use safe food handling practices with this stuff. Don't use really old or defrosted and refrozen stuff. Seafood goes bad quickly and can kill anemones and probably harm other stuff in your tank.

I feed mine table shrimp about 2-3 time a week. I got it in October, and it took my clowns about 4 months to finally host in it. I have no idea what caused them to, but they did :)

Mine is about 3" in diameter when open. Will it be able to host 2 clowns or do I have to get one for each clown?

One will be fine, it will growth very fast if you feed it couple times a week. You will notice the male will be homeless in the beginning if they host the BTA.

Back