bubble magnus

Cjtabares

PBITAWA
BRS Member
I am going to be making a continues feeder for my tank. I am going to be going with this design and was wondering if anyone has used the bubble magnus dosing pump? Is it better to go with the bubble magnus or 3 brs dosing pumps?

feeding.jpg

If i understand this right there is water continuously flowing through the pipe from a pump in my sump. Then at preset times the dosing pumps push food into the tubes and the venturi sucking it all into the pipe and the water brings it into the tank.

Ive had nothing but good results from my BM doser. I have one on my tank and another on my pops. Very reliable and accurate. However I only use it in its normal function. I dont know how it would work in your application...I would suspect well but I pump into an open sump not a closed circuit.

Why would you run 3 of the pumps? Unless you are going to run 1 alk, 1 calc, and 1 food? They should be OK in the fridge as long as its not icing on the pumps. Also, if you are going to buy a mini-fridge for this purpose, make sure it is just a fridge, not one with a freezer section, as that will cause icing.

Why would you run 3 of the pumps? Unless you are going to run 1 alk, 1 calc, and 1 food? They should be OK in the fridge as long as its not icing on the pumps. Also, if you are going to buy a mini-fridge for this purpose, make sure it is just a fridge, not one with a freezer section, as that will cause icing.

3 different foods that are 3 different partial sizes. Different nps corals like different foods.

I would put the pump outside, and have the hose go inside. I wouldn't trust the pump on a return. What if the hose let go while you were away it would be feeding water into your house.

Not sure what you mean?

leave the food in the refrig, and drill a 1/4in hole thru the wall for the hose. That way what ever you are trying to keep cold will be inside the fridge, and drip it into a sump. if the bubble magus hose let go the water would back feed thru it.

leave the food in the refrig, and drill a 1/4in hole thru the wall for the hose. That way what ever you are trying to keep cold will be inside the fridge, and drip it into a sump. if the bubble magus hose let go the water would back feed thru it.

The issue with this method is that when I am not dripping the food there would be food left in the tubes outside of the fridge that will spoil, by keeping the pump inside the fridge if some of the food stays in the tubing it will not spoil.

The issue with this method is that when I am not dripping the food there would be food left in the tubes outside of the fridge that will spoil, by keeping the pump inside the fridge if some of the food stays in the tubing it will not spoil.

Im just thinking that there is a reason people don't do it that way. i have seen a couple threads on RC with people having automated feeders with live food, but I wouldn't trust what you are thinking of doing. Believe me, there is no one lazier than me in reefing. If it can be automated, I have it. I just don't think that what you are doing is going to work out. If it does let me know I will be the second to have one.

Good luck

The rubber hose could wear out. If it did the water pressure could back feed to it and dump water into your house. Plus unless that pump says its made to work in that enviroment (a refrigerator) I think it will degrade and die.

Back