Busted tank corners

MofoCorals

Previously - elmafioso52988
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
I was moving my tank today and when I was all done I notice that two of the corners were busted. It doesn't look like it affected the sylicone at All. Just the corner. It's a 100 gallon tank. Would I hAve a problem if I filled it? I sylicone the comers. Is there anything else I should do? Please help. Thanks

- Pablo

Do you have pics of the affected area?
Usually if anything "breaks" in a tank safe bet is to just replace verses calling the insurance company.

I I don't have a picture. I syliconed over the Brocken part. It's only about1/4.

My tank is all glass no rim. The glass is about 1/4 of an ich thick. The tank shattered the bottom corner about 1/4 of an inch in on two sides. It dent look like it affected the supine inside the tank at all.

Without seeing it its hard to say, But when I look at the construction of commercial stands they seem to focus on the for corners to hold the tank up and for that reason I wouldnt trust it

Does anyone know someone that would be able to rePlace that Piece of glass?

IMHO unless you are a diehard DIY person just buy a new tank. Isn't worth it to put all the time and money into it, if it breaks on you. Best to start off on the right foot you have enough working against you already...we all do.

I agree with everybody else it is safer to just replace the tank if the tank breaks after you fill it its not just your apartment you have to worry about.

Yeah, it's my starfire custom tank that I bought from Michelle (Kiah)

Well, starfire panels are not cheap at all, none of the companies around me that i've ever spoken to didn't/wouldn't help in construction and/or repair of tanks...so I did a lot of reading about it. as long as you do your research you should be fine.

a picture would go a long way, but it sounds like you may have converted your tank into an expensive terrarium

pics

285c863c.jpg

37c5a5b0.jpg

Looks like there's a hairline crack going past the edge to where it comes away from the junction of the two pieces of glass. I would not use that in my house no matter what I paid for it before I replaced that panel.

Back