Buying online with Paypal

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Just want to put it out as there are so many online scammers these days.

If you buy dry good online from someone you never know and he/she ask you to send PayPal as gift/Friends & family, DON'T do it as you will loose the protection from PayPal. There are many scams on RC, R2R etc.

If you buy coral/fish using PayPal, you are NOT covered by any protection from PayPal despite some sellers imply so. Living animal is not covered by PayPal.

Good to know. I always thought that paypal gives me an extra layer of protection thats why i use it everywhere.

Good to know. I always thought that paypal gives me an extra layer of protection thats why i use it everywhere.

For live stuff it sound pretty logic, but I didn't know it. Thanks Dong !!!

For all the rest, if you pay as Gift, the seller do not pay PayPal fees. It is only a benefit for the seller, but it is negative to the buyer because you lose protection. As Dong very well explained.

I also pay as much as I can with PayPal and wasn't aware of the live animal issue. I have to check now for plants. My wife buys Orchids and other stuffs. When we had an issue, always the seller solved it. I never used the PayPal claim for a plant, but now I want to know.

Thanks Dong !!

Back