Ca Reactor Recommendations?

mrw64

I think it is time to invest in a Ca reactor. My complete system is approx. 180 gal. I have alot of sps so I have a pretty good Ca load. I have read through all the DIY threads here and on RC and there are just too many choices. What do you recommend? Also I am not sure if I want to invest the time to make one myself so where is a good place to buy one off the shelf. What are some features that it must have? What is good and what is bad? Does anyone have one from My Reef Creations? http://www.myreefcreations.com/castandard.htm

The BRS did a group buy about 15 months ago from MCR of the reactors. We have one from the buy. The reactor and the workmanship have been great, I am not as happy with the regulator and the Milwaukee pH monitor. Too early to tell if the replacements are better or not.

Instructions were great on the setup and tuning of the reactor. Now looking at at Nielsen reactor from him.

I've made all my own, it's really not that hard. Word is that the fluidized bed ones are the best to go with these days.....at least that's what David Saxby was saying on his MACNA video.

I also bought a Geo 612 (the smallest model) recently, and it's been working fine for me... and it was very easy to dial in.

Nuno

Back