Calcium reactor help

Dalesreef

Non-member
I have a dual chamber reef octopus calcium reactor
The problem is I have air traped in the first chamber that I can not get out it keeps recirculating in the chamber ive drained the reactor twice now and re filled still cant get it out
Any ideas
Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

How is it being fed tank water?

Your going to have to shut off c02 flow, and the circ pump until the air purges out. Then once it clears out of air run the circ pump, then turn the gas on last. I ran my reactor for a day straight before even attempting to start co2 flow and adjusting.

Its being feed by s aqua lifter pump and the co2 is off and has been there is air in the pipe that comes off the top of the first chamber that feeds the recirculation pump I ran the feed pump and recirculation pump for 4 days staight and the air is still in there

Are you restricting the effluent tube at all? A picture of this thing will be worth a thousand words, if possible.

Nope wide open
what I can see is after I fill the chambers there is air trapped in the top pvc that feed the pump thats what I cant get out the web site says to fill it , attach lids start feed pump once water starts coming out start recirculation pump leave wide open for 20 mins this will get any trapped air out

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358523824249.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358523824249.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 104
Back