Candy cane coral dying?

LaxFrags

Hey everyone just saw my candy cane and this is what it looks like... anybody know what it is? I don’t test alk yet and am getting a test kit for that tonight- it doesn’t have that much light either. What should I do!?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 205
It doesn’t look like that- I don’t have anything near it that could sting It... I’ve got some acans another candy cane and a hammer all to the left but they’re pretty far away. No Aiptasia in the area either

It’s almost like a hole in the coral, also kinda looks like an acan mouth opening up but that’s not what this is

All the other polyps look fine it’s just that one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 159
Just less likely to be water conditions if only one head is affected. They also look like they're all puffed out well too so more likely mechanical damage. I haven't experienced any of my hermits messing with my coral like that, but I guess it's possible

Hmm.. well if anyone has any other ideas I’d love to hear them, but Thankyou andlim for the help hopefully it’ll be fine in the next couple days... if it’s not doing good tomorrow I’ll move it.

Also my Tyree toadstool haven’t been coming out as much... it’s not a water params thing I don’t think cause the other corals are doing great. Since I got it it hasn’t wanted to open up as much, anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 176
Have you looked at the candy canes at night after lights out with a flashlight? Check it out tonight abd see what it looks like open, if there’s anything in it.

Ok will do, I just sucked a brine shrimp out of it could it have been eating or something? I’ve never seen it open like that tho

Mine, at least, look completely different after lights out. Mine also started turning from the bright green to a reddish brown when they were getting too much light.

If that one head keeps deteriorating I would frag it to save the other heads. Do you have any Revive? A dip may help.

I could frag it but I’ve never fragged something like that before. Would I just cut it down the connecting line?

I would use bone cutters as close to where that branch starts. Then dip both pieces separately and place far way from each other in tank. Observe both to look for improvement or turn for the worse and reassess.

Ok I’ll talk to you guys about it tomorrow and look at it again. It looks like it may have spread already. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 163
Back