CBB advice

Konaroo

BRS Member
Picking up a copperband today. I was curious to hear other people's experience with them. This is one of my #reeftankgoals fish. Lol.

I have a WB 130.4 mixed reef. here is my current stocking list.

Mated breeding pair misbar clowns
Eibli Mimic Tang
Sixline
Azure Damsel
Pair of Bangai Cardinal fish
Blue Hippo Tang

I'm hoping he/her? settles in nicely.

I would host the cbb in an acclimation box and feed til you release

The tangs may be aggressive
That was my thought too. How long do you suggest keeping him in the acclimation box? The Eibli Tang is peaceful. It's the hippo and the female clown that can be a little bullish.

Getting the CBB to eat, that's the first thing I would focus on. Have variety of food in hand. If it doesn't take frozen in the first couple of days, try clam on halfshell or live black worms. over the period, mix some frozen with the black worm and slowly ween off the live food. To reduce the stress, if you can get a qt tank with few liverocks that you can move into it temporarily will be better than acclimation box. unless, you can get hold of a good sized acclimation box. Good luck!

Getting the CBB to eat, that's the first thing I would focus on. Have variety of food in hand. If it doesn't take frozen in the first couple of days, try clam on halfshell or live black worms. over the period, mix some frozen with the black worm and slowly ween off the live food. To reduce the stress, if you can get a qt tank with few liverocks that you can move into it temporarily will be better than acclimation box. unless, you can get hold of a good sized acclimation box. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice. I am prepared with a variety of food and acclimation box. Unfortunately a qt tank is not available.

You’ll need to feed more often, as butterflies have higher metabolisms than most other species. Small, frequent meals at least 3x daily. You can use a feeding grid to help the CBB compete with your other fish: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FIGNJ2G/
I use the exact feeding grid, put mussel in it for my CBB to munch on with its long mouth and my other fish cant reach it haha

Back