Chaeto request

4tedfox

Non-member
I joined and first posted a year ago! It has taken me forever to set up my 135 gal tank, although I spend plenty of time here (great forum and a very friendly bunch!).

I have had it cycling for about 3 months with live rock, lots of marcorocks dry rock. I'm patient but this is ridiculous, although cheap on fish right now!

Can anyone help me can find chaeto locally (Boston burbs)? I can't find any in a bunch of LFS ("not the season"...say what? it's algae) and bought stuff online that crapped out in shipping. I just want to get moving again.

Thanks
Ted

Dmurb posts it all the time for free. He's a great guy. I got some from him and it's very healthy. Shoot him a pm. Im sure if he doesn't have some now then he will soon

I can give you the cheato. Every weekend I remove a hand full from my refugium and throw away. Anyone who wants it let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The times you have tried did you have a light over it?
Also the tank may not have enough "bad" nutrients to keep it flourishing.

Much appreciated Squareface. Are you attending the meeting Sunday? Otherwise I can work around your schedule. Cheers, Ted

Hi Mike. Yes I have lights. I imagine the nutrients are on the low side (well except for decaying chaeto!). I actually only tried it from the stuff a bought online (3 weeks ago). It is really sick although I see a couple of gorgeous bright green strands growing the last couple of days..... would take months I'm guessing to recover.

Thanks for all the suggestions and offers. Thanks to SquareFace for the amazingly healthy chaeto complete with many pods, and the tour around your very nice setup!

Thanks for all the suggestions and offers. Thanks to SquareFace for the amazingly healthy chaeto complete with many pods, and the tour around your very nice setup!

Welcome. Any time you need more, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back