Chalice is growing 12 new eyes all at once.

STiTCH87

Saltwater OCD Victim
So I've had this chalice for about half a year maybe more (idr) and it's grown nicely from a small 3 eye frag, but never formed new eyes. Well now all at once it has randomly decided to start forming 12 of them!
ada4edeq.jpg

Photo is as close to true color as I could get. It's from the mother colony Greg @ Underwater World has in the RSM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Wow. Are those what budding eyes look like on a chalice? I have no idea.
I woulda thought the worst and guessed they were flatworms.

Yep chalices with light fluorescent eyes form light white spots that turn into eyes and chalice with dark color eyes (uncommon) grow dark spots. I don't have a camera capable of a good enough macro shot, but if you look closely at the tank and stare at the white spots you can see the green glow underneath. My tank is very very much pest free. =) I diligently work on it daily and have an endless a rental of supplies from working at the LFS so the tank has never been healthier and it's finally starting to show. =)

Flatworms was my first guess too but I see what stitch is saying.

Congrats on the new eyes

They don't move at all though. I was definitely concerned at first because I thought it was receding flesh but when it started looking green I felt much better.

Back