Changed a few things around, Couple of pics

Docstach

Non-member
I ended up getting rid of a large green slimer colony I had (I wasn't planning on selling it but thought a changeup may be fun) and in it's place stood a small tonga branch upright and attached a few frads. As they grow I think it will look pretty good. Pictures came out blurrier than I would like, but I think you can get the idea.

Looking great!
I love the zoas rock in the 3rd pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking great!
I love the zoas rock in the 3rd pic

Thanks! Dong, that is the large rock that the slimer colony was attached to. If you look closely, you can see were I sawed it off.

Absolutely amazing and inspiring to people trying to grow out zoas

Thanks, I am pretty happy with the way it grew out. I think it will look better too once the tonga branch in the center starts to get covered. I actually have something that occasionally picks at them, but there is enough around the tank most seem to do just fine. Especially since whoever it is (surprisingly I think it is a urchin and less surprisingly an angel) seems to go after the larger paly's more. I have ran into a couple of types of zoes for whatever reason just didn't want to grow.

Do you have a hippo tang?

Beautiful reef tank. Your zoas look awesome. What do you use for lighting?

Thanks. For lighting I just use a couple of the old reef breeder econo LED boxes (IE re branded Chinese black boxes). They may not be the best but they seem to work OK for me.

I finally figured out why some of my colors on my SPS were really faded, I had a bad box of salt and my CA and ALK were extremely low (and I was a bad person and didn't test my water for a long time). I Got that corrected and within a week or so I had a noticeable color improvement.

Back