Check it out! Eggs!

stang8s

Cyber P
Just noticed these tonight. Must have just laid them in the last day or so. Or maybe since my glass was so dirty i didnt notice till today! The dad is constantly faning and rubbing around/on them. The mom comes in once in a while and it almost looks like she is eating some but hard to say. I suppose all of them are totally doomed anyway as there is no way to remove the rock they are on.
eggs1.jpg

eggs2.jpg

How long does it take them to hatch? Will they all just get instantly eaten before I see them?

I think it takes about 7-8 days until they hatch. Mine also lay their eggs on the live rock and once on the back glass. It's pretty cool to watch the egg develop. It'll become black and you can see the eyes of the babies. If you don't remove them to a separate tank, they'll be gone as soon as they hatch. I wish I have the energy and time to raise them.

actually mine hatch in the main tank and i collect them based on info from J. Wilkenson's book on clownfish. Thats how i did it...stupid fish won't lay on a tile for me either...hehehee

Back