Chemiclean works!!

reefstarter

Non-member
So after having a cyano outbreak like never before I used chemiclean . I had outbreaks before but usually it would go away after a few weeks and things would be fine. This time it was getting bad and I figured I would try it. After a day my five was clear but the DT still had a fair amount. I was worried about using this stuff so I only does enough to treat 300 gallons and my system is around 350. So after 2 days I still had some in DT but as the directions state it was time to remove it. Even on the third day some was still there . Today it is all gone. All corals ,fish, clam and Ben are all fine if not better.

I've been starting to get some cyano for the last month and a half. I would siphon off all I could with my bi-weekly water changes but seemed to be coming back stronger every time. I just dosed chemiclean last light. There is less cyano 12 hours later but still there. All corals and fish are doing fine.

Just did water change after the 48 hours. Only had one small area of sand with some cyano, it was all gone off rock. Now just have to wait for the carbon to do its thing so I can dial in my skimmer again. Chemiclean seems to have worked for me.....time will tell.

Did you remove the skimmer cup and run it for the extra aeration needed or sis you add an airstone Reefer508?

Chemiclean is a nice way to reboot your system.
But, if you don't have good nutrient export it will return eventually.

Chemiclean is a nice way to reboot your system.
But, if you don't have good nutrient export it will return eventually.

agreed 100% on this . and this is the reason I used it . to get rid of cyano obviously but also to set the system back to where the cyano isn't there and see how it handles nutrients . something caused it now I have to find out what before it comes back

I tend to get cyano this time of year. As the days get longer the sun hits my tank just right and the cyano loves that spectrum I guess. Closing the blinds before I leave for work helps a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had moderate success with it as well. However, my anemone crabs did not seem to like it. Everything else was fine though.

Back