Cjtabares’ 45gal cubish build

Cjtabares

PBITAWA
BRS Member
have started to set up my tank I have had previously set up, with a few changes and updates.

Equipment:
45gal (24x24x18) tank
2 15gal sumps
Apex classic
1 mp10 esw
24” 4 bulb Aquatic Life T5 fixture
-think I will be adding a Radeon rx15 g6
Super Reef Octopus 1000-Int
Vertex Zeovit reactor

The plan is to start a fishless cycle in the next few days when the rest of the supplies I order come in. Will be using Microbactor7 to seed the tank with some bacteria. My stock list plan is:
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
Purple Firefish
Royal Gramma
Diamond watchmen goby or Randall's prawn goby
Adorned Wrasse(maybe)
Long nose hawkish(maybe)

As for corals I am planning an SPS dominated tank, really like Birdsnest corals. A few from Jason fox have caught my eye. Not sure what else I will put in for coral.
IMG_3114.png

IMG_3113.png

Don’t think this one is a birdsnest.
IMG_3112.png

I plan on running the basic Zeovit, the Zeolite, ZeoBac, ZeoStart, and ZeoFeed. Planning on dosing All-for-reef and amino acids, keep the fish well feed, and am toying with the idea of dosing Phos-feed. Hoping to use Zeovit to keep nutrients down, while being able to provide everything with ample nutrition.

This is where I am so far.
IMG_3118.jpeg

IMG_3119.jpeg

IMG_3120.jpeg

IMG_3109.jpeg

IMG_3111.jpeg

IMG_3110.jpeg

In the coming weeks I plan to add sand to the tank, get it cycled, and finish the stand. I plan on going pretty simple with the stand, just some poplar ply panted, using magnets to keep them attached to the steel stand, but still allowing for easy removal.

I thinks that it for now. Thanks for reading, and feel free to ask any questions.

BRS order came in. Hopefully I can get the sand in today and get some RODI water made so I can start the cycle this weekend.
IMG_3126.jpeg
IMG_3127.jpeg

rinsed the sand and got it in the tank. It’s at about 2.25”, don’t think I need the 2nd bag of sand. I like how this looks, and should still be enough for the fish that need a sand bed.
IMG_3131.jpeg
IMG_3130.jpeg

Waiting on a few things for my RODI unit so I can fill it up. I have worked on wiring and the apex, just need to find the best way to hide these wires.
IMG_3148.jpeg
IMG_3149.jpeg

You could get some wire/cable management trays and paint then the same color as the wall. Put them right about the baseboard. Or just get white and put it on the baseboard.

Got the tank filled and started the cycle. Used microbactor7 and ammonia, added them last night. I got a nitrate reading this morning, seemed fast. I also definitely did not rinse the sand enough.
IMG_3173.jpeg
IMG_3174.jpeg

Looks like a nice little build! I would disregard that nitrate reading since you just set it up and hanna nitrate HR checkers have a +- accuracy window and are not accurate near 0.

Looks like a nice little build! I would disregard that nitrate reading since you just set it up and hanna nitrate HR checkers have a +- accuracy window and are not accurate near 0.
Thanks! Yeah, I am going to just keep testing ammonia until it starts to come down.

A few small updates. Finished the stand with some plywood I attached magnets to, lets me access the whole area under the tank. Thought if I used doors it would make it even more difficult to do anything in the sump.
IMG_3304.jpeg
IMG_3305.jpeg

Primed and painted it.
IMG_3311.jpeg

Got a good deal on a used AI Prime and some T5 bulbs, thanks @dz6t , I installed those and set the lights to my liking. It is 4 blue+ bulbs, and a modified version of BRS ab+ setting on the AI Prime. Got a few beginner friendly corals to see how it goes, a birds nest, and a stylophora. He even hooked me up with a monti cap.
IMG_3325.jpeg
IMG_3326.jpeg

So the edges of the stand started to chip so I decided to put on a trim. Happy the way it came out, now just to paint them.

Attachments

• IMG_3417.jpeg
    IMG_3417.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3423.jpeg
    IMG_3423.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 15
Back