Cleanup Crew Roll Call

Banik

Non-member
Hey Folks,

I was wondering what would be on your all star list for a cleanup crew? All I have now are a couple peppermints, lettuce nudibrances, and some hitchikers.

So, for a 55 gallon tank which presently has too much algae and aptasia, what would be on your list for a good cleanup crew?

I find that the peppermints will only go after the aptasia if there are enough of them. I think it's like a pack thing.

Bitingthesun said:
I find that the peppermints will only go after the aptasia if there are enough of them. I think it's like a pack thing.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, I have about 15 peppermints and they won't touch the aptasia.

Gotta make sure you have the right type of peppermint shrimp.
I put some in my nano (sewer) and they eradicated the aiptasia - even the big ones.

Aiptasia are candy for my peppermints. They really are doing great and have laid many eggs/hatchlings since stocking. Darn powerheads. What is good for brown algae? I guess it's diatoms all over the rock.

Get all different kinds of snails, shrimp and crabs - the more the diversity the better. Plus the shrimp and crabs are really fun to watch.

Back