Clown eggs Again????

jebar777

Scott Stalter
BRS Member
my clown laid eggs on the 9. they hatched the 17th over night. dont have any way or room to hatch them (sucks) so i left them in the tank... in any case....she laid another clutch....twice the size today. i thought this was gonna be a once a month thing not an every week thing..... anyone haev any experience with this? if you have any experience with this and want to raise them pm me.

I can't raise them....

That sort of laying schedule is pretty normal though. Mine consistently have eggs.

rots...fresh well fed rots...Read the booook...the book tells alllllll.
:) but my pair laid happily every two weeks for a long time.

Boy I have been waiting for our mated pair of clowns to lay eggs. They keep do the waggle and cleaning off a rock and it seems like they want to but we keep looking for eggs and no sign. Is there anything that could be wrong. I was told that you could take the rock right out of the tank after they lay so the babies wouldn't get eaten right away? Of course if the rock is down underneath everything else, like ours are then that would be a different story.
Right now we have baby cardinals in a ten gallon tank and have been feeding them live baby brine. we just noticed yesterday that the dad had more eggs in his mouth so here goes another long while that he won't eat.
I really want to try and rear some clown fish though. I do not know much about rot. though I think I have to hatch them here as well???
Good luck.
Wendy

ya i wish i had the space.... i would have no problem getting the rotifiers together and the green water and bbs is a breeze....

anyone know if i could just feed newly hatched bbs? or are they too big.

Too large. The baby clownfish will try to eat them and in doing so actually damage their delicate insides.

Back