Clown Fish RIP

shoo

Non-member
I purchased 2 clown fish almost a month ago and they appeared to be doing well. Then this morning both of them are dead.

My water parameters are 79 degrees, 1.023, 0 ammonia, nitrate & nitrite, phosphate is .25, 10 dkh, 400 calcium. I have 2 firefish, 2 clown gobies and a yellow shrimp goby in there as well and they all are fine.

I had them in my qt for 2 weeks and they seemed fine so I moved them over. The only thing I "noticed" was that their fins went from almost completely transparent to slightly cloudy but I assumed it was because I have bad lighting in my qt and just didn't see it. They didn't appear to have any marks or growths but their gills did seem a little puffed out.

I tried 2 clowns originally and they died too. The LFS said thy had a problem with that batch of clowns and told us not to put any other clowns in our dt for a month. But that was almost 3 months ago.

Any ideas? It's really my son's tank and he's devastated that we've now killed 4 clown fish.

Thanks,
Shawn

I never noticed them pooping so I can't say one way or another. I did treat them with Prazi Pro while they were in the qt. Not sure if it helps but they ate like pigs even last night.

S

Could of been a lingering disease from the LFS.
While Prazipro is good it doesn't catch everything, and yes 30+days is a good QT method.

RODI water with Instant Ocean salt mix. I use seachem reef builder to keep the ph up but haven't had to do that for a couple weeks now. That's the only thing I dose with if that's even considered dosing.

Been feeding twice a day with new life spectrum marine fish formula pellets and Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef flakes. Every other night we do brine shrimp instead.

Back