Clownfish advice please...

gurumasta

Senior Moron
So I had a mated pair of Wyoming White clowns. They were the first fish in my tank and I love them. Yesterday the female jumped. I don't have a lid on my tank but I am now considering one. This is my first fish loss and she was prob the coolest most wild active fish in my tank...

Anyway- I have the male (he's small like 2" or less) left by himself living in a BTA. I am thinking about adding another clown to see if they will pair up again.

Questions:

What is the best route for me to take with the size of the fish I add?

Should I stick with an Ocellaris since that is what the Wyoming Whites are? If I add a Pecula is it less likely to pair and host the same anemone?

Thank you for any help in advance!

Last edited:
Think if you stick to the species and make sure it’s a juvenile you’ll be all good

You can pair with any percula or ocellaris. You have two options. You can try to find a big female(this can be hard) or a small juvenile. Let me know if you need help locating a replacement. I would recommend you find a small juvenile.

You can pair with any percula or ocellaris. You have two options. You can try to find a big female(this can be hard) or a small juvenile. Let me know if you need help locating a replacement. I would recommend you find a small juvenile.

I will send a PM I am looking for a replacement.

Thanks!

Back