Clownfish Eye Growth

Countryreefer

BRS Member
I just noticed that my maroon clown has a growth on her eye. I'll try and get a better picture, but she doesn't like when I put my phone up to the tank. Anyone have any idea what it may be? Should I just leave it and see if it heals itself?
IMG_20200825_164035626_MP.jpg

I have a large blue damsel ( unsure of species ) that formed something similar, suddenly and for unknown reasons. We left it alone, fed well, good water, and it is gone now. Took time, months, but the eye is normal (almost) and is not blind. I think there is little you can do with eye injuries. If it is gas filled like a shiny bubble it could be treated with antibacterial meds as a possibility. I would do this in a qt. only. Gently handle the fish if attempting this, as damage to the effected eye usually worsens the situation.

She is still eating fine and being her normal self. I think I'm just going to watch it and feed a little extra special for a few days and see how it goes. It's really hard to get a great look at it because she is either in her cave or buried in the nems and turns every time I try and look at it.

Back