Clowns are not sleeping together recently

amixam98

Non-member
For the last couple days I noticed my clowns are sleeping in different corners of the tank. They have been together for over a year now and would always sleep side by side. Any clues? One is mad at the other one?

Have you moved anything in the tank? ALL fish tend to associate with structure. It's a simple fact yet important if you are a fisherman ;) If you moved something that one has related to, it may move with it.

Have you added something new? Clowns host on just about ANYTHING. Not true for every clown, but if you look at all the different threads about clowns hosting, you'd be amazed to see what they choose! Maybe you added something new that the clown has taken a liking to.

Finally, do you have a true pair? Male and female? Is one smaller than the other? Did you have more than two clowns and lose one? Did you have just one and added a new one? They may have been "chummy" as juveniles, but if one was a dominant female, and the other NOT male (for many reasons), there'd be issues. If you had more than two in the tank, and the dominant female died, the "next in line" would morph. Do you think that there have been "social" changes in the tank?

Sorry I'm so verbose..just trying to understand.

Dave

There has been no major changes in the tank for awhile now.

There are only 2 clowns in the tank. They were both bought at the same time as juvi's. One is larger than the other one so they could be a pair. Not really sure on that one.

They weren't hosting anything in the tank. They just kinda hung out with each other all the time. It's just weird to see this one in the front of the tank sleeping when everyone else is in the back.

If you've had em for more than a year, and one is larger than the other, she has become the dominant female. The other, smaller fish is Mr. Man :)

Again, whether or not they were truly "hosting" with anything...they may have related to some structure (like a bass does in a lake). Did you move anything to make a change in the structure?

D

Has he been looking at the tang?

At least there's no anenome to have to divide up...no real assets, are there any fry involved? Child support would be tuff with a large brood...

LOL...you people crack me up... seriously... RM.. twin beds... the new "Laura and Rob Petrie" of the clownfish world....leaving the seat up..and Darren... I'm guessing that that's the true "Tang heaven"

Dunno amixam...you've stumped me...rather..your clowns have.

D

Are you sure they are the same type of clowns?I thought i had a pair of true percs,they got along fine until 1 day the perc took over the BTA and wouldn't let the other get 2 feet near it.

Back