Convincing your other half that you need a "fish maintenance room"

Technorch

BRS Member
Just wondering what other have done or pleaded in order to get the "ok" for a fish room or a room for maintenance. My fiancée and I are planning to start looking for a house by next year and I've mentioned to her that I would like a room behind the tank so I can do all my "fish stuff" in there. Most of the time it's been a "we'll see" but last night as I was cleaning out the skimmer cup, in the bath tub, I accidentally forgot to immediately rinse the tub of skimmer gunk. She goes to take a shower, and next thing I know, she's coming right at me giving me a death glare while saying "When we buy a house IT WILL HAVE YOUR FISH ROOM :mad: "

I got my fish room! :rolleyes:

My girlfriend and I are buying a house right now. She already knows I'm making a fish room in the basement with all the filtration down there. I'm thankful she likes the hobby enough to not complain about my upcoming fish room!

Perfect approach! I myself would wait till we had the house and slowly migrate all my stuff to the appropriate room then claim squatters rights! Lol

Back