Copperband butterfly and mojanos

Jeff I witnessed Joes Raccoon do in a batch of mojanos. it was like a junk yard dog. Most amazing thing to watch.
if I were you the Raccoon would be my next purchase.

I just got my CBB from Sea Creatures in Revere about a week ago. She is beautiful, and has been munching on the aiptasia like crazy (also my featherdusters). She hasn't touched any of my zoas or softies. But I don't care, I love her so much I don't care what she eats. Speaking of eating, Sea Creatures has really healthy ones and he makes sure they are eating frozen mysis before he'll sell you one. The guy (John) is great. You might want to give him a buzz and ask him if the CBB will eat the mojanos. Racoons will do it, but they are very risky in a reef.

Hey Joe - beautiful tank!

Daire

Joe, had suggested the Raccoon to me. I had well over 100 mojano and a few aptaisia. The Raccoon wiped out the mojo's first then went to town on the aptaisia. The only problem was when the tank was clean of pest anenomes he started to nip my sps, longer polyped millipora seemed to be a favorite. He did go after any type of tube worm he could find, feather dusters, coco worms, christmas tree worms, etc. He also nipped on clam mantles here and there but wasn't really a problem. He's in Deb's softie tank right now. All the mojano are gone and he hasn't nipped on any of her softies except some of her zoa's. As Joe also suggested, he's going into his own tank next week. I'll put infested rocks in there with him until they're clean.

hmmm well i have no sps or clams so thats not a problem. The only tube worms i have are the ones that just "show up" on their own..

Cool. I spoke with my friend Anthony Calfo, and he also confirms that the Raccoon is about the only natural predetor of these suckers. So guess I will give one a try..

Back