Coral beauty angel & coral question.

Nawt2tawl

Non-member
Ok so I think my angel is nipping at some corals. Some of the color is one in some parts. Also they look like they been chewed on. To be more specific I have a yellow tang, 3 clowns 2 orange 1 maroon. 3 bennies 2 scooters 1 lawnmower. 2 fire fish. 2 blue/green chromis. Bunch or hermits serpent star urchin sea slug and sand sifting star fish. I know you probably don't need to know all that. But I figured it would give you a better idea. My guess us it's the angel. If it is. How the heck do you catch him. Lol

Angel is a hit and miss. Most angel will eat you prized brain coral too. They have expensive taste.

I would suggest trying a fish trap if you think it is the angel to get him out. Just feed into the trap only for several days and see if he will get comfortable and go in.

I personally have never had luck with pygmay angels and all have started nipping after a while.

damn... That sucks cause they are beautiful fish. Cant have angels. So i guess its gonna be tangs. I know they are very territorial how does everyone get there tangs in without fighting. I only have a yellow tang right now. Someone said they use a mirror on all sides and it confusses them.

I have had a Coral Beauty for like 4 years.
I've only seen it nip Nepthea.But I don't have a whole lot of softies or LPS.

damn... That sucks cause they are beautiful fish. Cant have angels. So i guess its gonna be tangs. I know they are very territorial how does everyone get there tangs in without fighting. I only have a yellow tang right now. Someone said they use a mirror on all sides and it confusses them.

Some people introduce a new tang in with the mirror method. You set up a mirror beside the tank where the tangs can see themselves.
They take it as there being more tangs in the tank. Eventually, after the chill out and stop attacking the glass, then it's partly safer to add another tang.
But i'd do so in an in-tank quarantine to see if they try and attack the basket.

I personally don't have any experience with tangs, but I know that's what Mr.Rodrigo (sp?) does on here and he has like a dozen tangs in his 250g.

It depends on how large is your tank and if both tank can find their own place to sleep.
IMOE, hippo tang goes well with yellow tang. Other than than, it is a hit or miss.

It depends on how large is your tank and if both tank can find their own place to sleep.
IMOE, hippo tang goes well with yellow tang. Other than than, it is a hit or miss.

I have that combo and they do great together.

Back