Coral Box -- Cloud 9 Skimmer

LoveTheReef

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Have you guys heard about this skimmer? It's CoralBox/Jebao's one of latest creations, and it looks pretty nice! Rather reasonable price wise as well!

We got this skimmer in yesterday, and right away I installed it on our SPS system -- the packaging, was definitely not a 'Apple' packaging, but it did what it was supposed to do -- kept all the parts safe in shipment. (no I didn't take a unboxing video -- I was too darn excited)

I'll take some pics of it when I get to the store tonight, but last night the beast was working already creating skimmate!

- Archit

Been running for over a year now on my 200+ gallon system. Originally bought as a stop gap during rebuild until I was ready to purchase a more expensive skimmer.
It has done such a good job so far. I have no plans on upgrading now. Been working great and I feed heavy.

So yesterday morning when I got to the store the cup was full of tank water; understandable considering it's still in its break in period.

We cleaned the cup and adjusted the bubble level. I'll see how it looks today when I get to the store :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Well ... I have had the skimmer for a while now, and I have to sadly admit, this was a huge disappointment. Still not even close to the amount of skimmate that I get from my other skimmers. I will try to play around with the settings a little more to see what happens, but as of now very very disappointed, and would highly advise fellow reefers to not buy this "at retail price". It might work better for smaller systems (we have it installed on a system with approx 300g of water), but considering what it's rated for and what it's actually doing, it's wayyy over rated.

I'm going to get a NYOS and Tunze skimmer next to try out as they look wicked nice :) and have somewhat decent reviews as well.

For those wondering, the reason I started looking into all different skimmers is because up until now, I was a huge fan of Reef Dynamics; however recently Reef Dynamics closed shop due to some business side decisions. So here I am, testing before recommending! :)

Back