Coral reef aquarium- seekonk

Andyg8613

Non-member
Ok so yesterday was my first time visiting this store, while actually knowing what I was looking at. I had stopped in here a few years back when I just got into the hobby an I was obviously attracted to the most rediculous colored, coolest,biggest corals in there. Like every amateur lol. I remember everything I liked was either too expensive or wasn't for sale, and the person helping me knew I was a noob and made me feel out of place. Needless to say I left feeling a little discouraged.
Fast forward to yesterday, I was working down in Rhode Island and was looking at the map in the useful treads and found coral reef aquariums in seekonk, and found good reviews about the place so I made the 20 min trip, as soon as I pulled Into the parking lot I said to myself, oh I know this place..... So I went in with the hopes that I'm now more informed and understand what is in my ability range and can appreciate the store more. Well first thing I see when I walk in is the nice display tank of mother corals, which looked nice and was clean and had some nice corals in it. Then I see the stock tanks for fish....... Half of them you can't even see into because the 6" long" fur" algea is so bad, I mean coating the glass solid, and the others had a few fish but looked like the glass haven't been cleaned in weeks. The frag tanks were the first I've seen with sand in them and seem to be pretty messey and over growth of Aptasia everywhere. The tanks had a brown film covering the glass and again hard to see what you were interested in checking out. Prices seemed to be mixed, found a couple deals that I thought were steals, then found a couple that I thought, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?. No price difference in size or heads on some items which is a good and a bad thing. Then you have the owner..... Seems like he could be a nice guy but made me feel like I was bothering him by askin about a few corals that caught my eye. I had already put some products like a calcium test kit and fish food on the counter, so he knew I was going to by something, and just seemed to huff and puff under his breath and give me short answers that were obvious to him but made me feel like I should have known this and lookin down on me. Honestly in my opinion if your job is that bothersome just close the doors and go home, or find another job, or hire someone else to help. Over all the tanks are disgusting and the place needs some housekeeping.id be ashamed if my tank looked anywhere close to those. I know for one guy it can be a lot and you can fall behind but I felt like he didn't care at all.he should just find someone to maintain the tanks once a week and hook them up with some frags, or killer discounts or something, hell, I'd clean his tanks once a week for a frag or two... And on that note I won't be going back anytime soon.

Back