cositering a down-size

JasonandRay

Non-member
Well... you may know my tank has been going down hill. It started getting better and corals started to open again. I wanted to continue my water changes to get the calcium back in check. all was going well 15 gallons of fresh salt-water ready, aged, and heated to 78 degrees. The usaial water change, siphoning out the dirty water. Fixing all the corals that have fallen, and replacing the carbon in the canister filter. Then replacing the new water. Then returning to my usual daily home work.

Then it starts to get bad, as I work on homework downstairs i see a small drip from the door frame. The one thats directly under my fish tank. :mad:I Run up to my room to see a small puddle leading to the outer wall of the house. I quickly asses the problem and grab a couple of towels and a sham-wow. I cleaned it all up before any more could seak through the trim of the wall. The leak was coming from my canister filter. I estimate about a gallon and half of water was split.

So im thinking about downgrading to a bio-cube or nano cube of something under 30 gallons. i already have halides flow rock and sand and id keep my stuff from the 55g until i have money for the 75 with basement sump.
Ill update you later.

Last edited:
heh, don't let 1 gallon turn you away....try 40....or 75 (been there)

keep the faith, it gets better. school will be done in a month; you can pay more attention then

but when your 55 gallon tank is on the 2nt floor. Im keeping the 55 but really buying what i need. My Birth day is coming up too. So ill have a little more money.

If clean up only involves towels and a sham wow, then your in good shape :)

Hang in there.

Hey Jay, maybe you should get a sham wow?

+all of the above, I've got a 100g on the second floor and have replaced the 1st floor dining room ceiling 3x at this point. It sux, but hey I'm not breaking any more bones playing basketball ;)

Jason wait, and decide when you had some time to calm down. I to have my tank on the 2nd floor. I know the anxiety you feel, because of that I am moving my sump down to the basement.

You said your B Day is coming, maybe get an Apex controller, and it can detect water, and shut things down, and email you. You might want to talk to your "partner" in crime about that.;)

Good Luck Derek

Jason wait, and decide when you had some time to calm down. I to have my tank on the 2nd floor. I know the anxiety you feel, because of that I am moving my sump down to the basement.

You said your B Day is coming, maybe get an Apex controller, and it can detect water, and shut things down, and email you. You might want to talk to your "partner" in crime about that.;)

Good Luck Derek

I dont have that much money. Maybe a reef keeper light. Also i have people coming to replace the windows throughout the house, should i cover the thank?

Im planning a system to make water-changes easier. Thats number one on my list along with one of those water alarms. number 2 would be some of those new koralia evolutions on a RKL.

Last edited:
Back