Could this be truth?

I like Tunze pumps, but have to admit, they don't have nearly the wide flow cone and undertow of a vortech. The vortechs are really good at keeping detritus stirred up, in the water column, where it can be exported by filtration. Other pumps do this as well and by other means, such as being able to direct the flow to specific areas. This may be just as beneficial in some cases, but I have to agree, the vortech is really effective at what it does...
With Vortex it is the combination of lack of directional placement and the external motor/wires hanging of the side of the tank. If I had a in wall tank wouldn't be an issue but I just can't do the motor/wire hanging on the side of my tank.

My point was not to knock the Vortech they are nice pump. It was the first pump to really bring any competition to Tunze with Quality and performance. Really comes down to preference and setup that works for you.

I used a mp40 in a 72G bowfront and it was able to make this much wave action.
Not sure if they figured out the settings but Tunze had a guideline based on tank length to gain a single or double wave. It got you close you just had to tune to where the pump was placed vs aquascape. Once you hit the sweet spot you can create a huge wave. I never liked the double wave, it was too much made everyone on edge when they looked at the tank, not relaxing that was for sure.

Do you have multiple units? I'm not sure if the nutrient expert work effectively with just a single unit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

A have two of them i set up one as a master and the other one as a slave.... basically the mater tell the slave what to do and how to fallow with the modes.....

Nutrient export mode LOL Tunze's have done that for years, with and without a wavebox. Not knocking Ecotech pumps just find it funny.

If you are not using a box to displace water a single pump will not effectively create wave motion.
i am sorry to tell you this but i had the Tunze's before and i forund that the MP40's have better impact on my thank may be each tank are different but nothing like this pump.... and yes you could do the wave mode with just one pump....

I like Tunze pumps, but have to admit, they don't have nearly the wide flow cone and undertow of a vortech. The vortechs are really good at keeping detritus stirred up, in the water column, where it can be exported by filtration. Other pumps do this as well and by other means, such as being able to direct the flow to specific areas. This may be just as beneficial in some cases, but I have to agree, the vortech is really effective at what it does...

1+ completely agree i have just witnessed the impact from this pump in my thank....

i am sorry to tell you this but i had the Tunze's before and i forund that the MP40's have better impact on my thank may be each tank are different but nothing like this pump.... and yes you could do the wave mode with just one pump....

No need to be sorry. Perhaps you think I am downing Vortech's? not the case. I am quite sure you can get excellent results with the Vortech pumps

With Vortex it is the combination of lack of directional placement and the external motor/wires hanging of the side of the tank. If I had a in wall tank wouldn't be an issue but I just can't do the motor/wire hanging on the side of my tank.

My point was not to knock the Vortech they are nice pump. It was the first pump to really bring any competition to Tunze with Quality and performance. Really comes down to preference and setup that works for you.

I agree. My frag tank is rimless and I wanted to keep a very clean look, with nothing on the sides. So, I went with Tunze pumps as I could put them on the back wall and point them to the sides. Also, I wanted high and low areas of flow and without rocks, this was easier to do with directional pumps.

Back