CPR CS90 Overflow Issue

Matt L.

Non-member
Dear All,

I have a friend who is not a member of the forum, whose tank I am trying to help him with.

He uses a CPR CS90 Overflow with a Tom Aquatics Aqua-Lifter Dosing Pump, Tom Aquatics Aqua Lifter Suction Pre-Filter and a CPR Overflow Sponge in the filter container.

The issue is that the suction pump gradually loses the ability to evacuate air from the overflow, and the siphon breaks. The pump is running, but it can't seem to evacuate the air.

I have never used an overflow box and am unable to offer suggestions.

I stopped by, cleaned out the filter sponge in the pre-filter, and somehow got it working again, but I suspect I have something set up wrong. When the pump is running, it does continuously eject water from the overflow.

Please advise,

Matt:cool:

I think im having the same problem i never used a Aqua Lifter and ether im not doing it right or its broke but i bet im not doing it right. can someone help me im using it on a CPR CS90 Overflow and it wont Suction. do i put one tube from the aqua lifter in the tank. I dont know im lost.

you have to use really good quality silicone air line tubing. the clear plastic stuff doesn't work well for me.

Matt:cool:

We used the same setup for the better part of a year. If the Aqualifter is old or needs to be cleaned it won't have enough suction power to move the air bubbles out. The pump will still be moving air but it won't be working well enough for the application. Have him take the pump to a store so he can plug it in next to a brand new one to see if it is working at full capacity.

Overflow

Mine did the same thing it was pluged up with alge. take it apart and clean it then run vinager through it and it will be fine.

I use to run a penguin powerhead in my sump with the air line from the overflow attached to the venturi fitting. Always worked well even during startup from a power outage and had better suction than an aqualifter

I actually have the issue where it gets clogged on the overflow. I simply unplug the intake side on the aqua-lifter and blow through the pipe to clear it. It will work fine for the next few months. Its part of my maintenance schedule to check the lifter once a week.

-Mark

Back