Crisis averted - "Partially"

didnt see this till today but damn that sucks, having a 72bf as well yours was deff a tank that i looked up to in aspirations of what i want my tank to look like. hope everything turns out ok.

PS, i got a couple of damsels you can have lol.

jenn look at it this way it had 2 be done 1 way or another know or in 2 more mmonths this gives people the chance 2 find this out first hand. sorry about your losses and if u are looking 4 some sps wood love 2 help u out and im sure there are outher reefers out there 2 they dont have a reefer cross like the red cross 2 get people back on there feet well good luck

Yea it is good that I got this whole thing done and out of my way. The rocks do look better not being covered with flat worms. I have however noticed a few that are still alive in my refugium. So i will have to do another treatment in a few weeks. But there will be a lot less die off so I am not worried about there being further complications.

Thanks bigdog, I may take you up on the offer of a frag if my corals do not recover. I would certainly return the favor to others when they have a bad crash.

pvh
Jennifer, I just saw this thread. Sorry to hear what happened. I was which wondering what happen to the TOTM just yesterday.

Thanks Peter, Unfortunately Barry and I have not been able to get together to take the photos. Now I am unsure what the club and you members want to do about this problem. I always look forward to the TOTM articles now that it was my turn for the "spotlight" this happens. So I apologize to the club for letting them down. Was this the so called curse of the totm or just my error.;)

ReeferMedic
How does everything look today Jenn?

HI Don; Well things do look a little better but I am not out of the woods yet. The Zoa's are all open and fine, Monti caps have turned brown and have white spots on them, acros are turning brown or have a brown coating on them (not sure what the coating is). The LPS are still not open fully but appear that they will pull through. I think the next couple of weeks will be key for me to pay real close attention to my water quality or I could end up losing a lot of corals.
Of the fish that survived the Scooter blenny is fine, the male anthias is doing great but a little shy. The big problem is that my 2yr old Coral beauty Angel is now 100% blind he can not see to eat, so he will prob starve to death. :( I wondered how blind he was so I stuck my hand into the tank where he was swimming and was literally able to grab the fish and pick him up. I love my tank and the fish so this is really making me emotional when I think of what happened.

Thanks for the frag Don and sorry for the confusion at the meeting.

kotu100
didnt see this till today but damn that sucks, having a 72bf as well yours was deff a tank that i looked up to in aspirations of what i want my tank to look like. hope everything turns out ok.

PS, i got a couple of damsels you can have lol.

Thanks Kotu; Wow that is a huge compliment to me,I appreciate it big time. I am very happy that I could have inspired you to have a beautiful 72 bow.

Thanks but no thanks on the Damsels. :D

Well, being VERY new to the saltwater world, I can only offer condolances.

On the sort of bright side, it serves as a very good lesson for newbs like myself, now I know one more thing to watch for should I get an infestation of these little buggers.

Found this thread through the search function searching for instructions on how to cut and mount frags, now I'm glad I'm reading the threads one at a time to absorb knowledge like a sponge :D

Hope your tank bounced back finally!

Back