Critter ID? Are these copepods?

ileas

Non-member
I've been seeing these 2 things hiding behind my fox coral for the past week. They come out during feeding as well. Are they harmful or just copepods?
IMG_1260.JPG

Gammarid, be warned when in tanks that aren't fed often they will eat corals, mine have eaten zoas, blastos and acans in my reefbowl but are not an issue in my 40 which is fed daily

Six line and Melanarus Wrasses do a great job picking at pods. They will also eat any flat worms or pest nudis that might straggle into your system. Six line can get a little aggressive but I’ve been keeping both in my 180.

Six line and Melanarus Wrasses do a great job picking at pods. They will also eat any flat worms or pest nudis that might straggle into your system. Six line can get a little aggressive but I’ve been keeping both in my 180.
Awesome, I was heading to costco in Nashua and stopping by the Petco there. I was either going to get a coral beauty or a wrasse. Are their fish healthy?

Awesome, I was heading to costco in Nashua and stopping by the Petco there. I was either going to get a coral beauty or a wrasse. Are their fish healthy?

I'd see if they price match their online prices for livestock. The one in waltham did for me a few times and prices are significantly cheaper.

I went years without one. I just started using one a few months back cause I got a few fish from a fellow reefer and they all ended up with ich

I went years without one. I just started using one a few months back cause I got a few fish from a fellow reefer and they all ended up with ich
I ended up getting one from pets plus in Londonderry. He had him in the tank for over a month so I figured he'll be fine. So far so good he's swimming everywhere and comes up to the surface sometimes too.

Back