Critter ID --- Friend or Foe?

Ba19Ma88

Non-member
I posted this a while ago and since then kept an eye on it does not seem to bother anything/body. But it has grown the photos still are not the greatest so I also did a drawing of it in MS Paint to help ((((note: the lines in the drawing are used jsut to show contour not actually on the critter))))
On one end there is a single )Ill call it a mouth and on the other Tail? end it kinda branches off and there is a mouth on each end of the tail?)). It is now about 1/2" in lenght and about the size of a pencil wide.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• thing1.jpg
    thing1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 205
  • thing2.jpg
    thing2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 185
  • thing4.JPG
    thing4.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 183
The only thing that comes to my mind is a bristle worm? If it is it's harmless and beneficial to your tank....:)

Hi, I can tell you that I know for sure it is not a Bristle worm. It is almost like a slug and it has attached to the rock. In photo # 2 you can see the middle of the thing is where it anchored to the rock and both ends are free to move about. It is shaped like a grain of rice.

The drawing I did made it look flat it is not at all.

Last edited:
I checked it out, I have been checking and think it may be a form of a Polychaete. I think I may take it to a LFS and see what they think. As far as the Cuke idea. Poss but there is "0" nubs it is just smooth and very small for a cuke also?

We will keep checking and thanks for any and all replies

It looks to me like some kind of flatworm or nudibranch/slug.

Btw, Polychaete are bristleworms.

Nuno

Last edited:
Back