Custom tanks are one thing. What about custom stands?

Matt L.

Non-member
If one wanted to get a stand for a tank with atypical dimensions (24" x 24"), where would one turn? I know glass cages makes oak stands, but I was hoping for something in a black laminate.

Matt:cool:

A kitchen base cabinet would come in that size, although black would be tough to find in stock (you could get an unfinished one and paint it). I'd get one with a plywood box...

My friend Jason is a master finish carpenter and cabinet maker, and is currently not finding much for work these days. The other day I said to him, "you should make custom stands and canopies" His answer was "let me know if anyone needs them."(As a light went off over his head)
He is the carpenter that made all of the racks and stands that we had at Aquarium Gallery. He does amazing work, and with this economy, it would be a steal.
If you are interested, let me know I will be more than happy to put you in touch with him.

i'm definitely interested in having a custom stand built. i've been looking for one in the forums and on cl but haven't had much luck so far.

Go with the finish carpenter. I had a stand and canopy made and wrapped in teak. Much nicer and you get to have things made to your specs, like doors lol

Doherty, I almost threw up in my mouth when I saw the picture of your tank. The tank is lovely, its the skimmer I have issue with. I have the same one, and Im sick of babysitting it. It is always overflowing, and I cant stand it. I have everthing to put a sump together, except the time. What do you do to keep that under control? I modified mine with an overflow that goes into a 1 1/2gal container that sets of an alarm once the water starts going in it. The only problem is that when I am away in NH, I cant hear it going off. Then I need to stop it from flooding my livingroom. Any suggs?
Derek

Back