Formerly Known as SrDudley25
BRS Member
Here is a pic
LMK
yes means dead and no means alive and maybe is it could be dead
Thanks
Duds

Last edited:
The poll doesn't make sense, you ask if it's dead or alive and my answer should be yes or no????

If I were to anser Yes, does that mean yes it's dead or yes it's alive?

Can you edit your poll?
Your options should be:
Dead
or
Alive

Not Yes or No. ;)

I think it's gonzo.

my bad
it won't let me change the poll but I added some stuff in there that would help people out
Sorry
Duds

i would say its sitll alive but on its way out if not cared for correctly. i would put it low in the tank away from the light and feed it daily. silversides are a great meal.

if it is alive does somebody want to take it
Duds

It looks like it may have some living tissue. Move it out of direct light and try feeding some mysis. It may come back with a little tlc, but you need to fix the reason why this happened in the first place. Was it under direct light? Too high flow? Have you ever attemted to feed it. Alot of lps require frequent feedings. I have a brain that I haven't fed once in 5 years, and another that shows tissue recession after a few weeks of not feeding. Most of my lps don't appreciate the high light/high flow areas in my tank.

IMO there is too much tissue damage. It looks like over 90% of the tissue is gone. Do you have any pics of the mouth?

Where are you located Duds? I'd take it but you are probably to far away...I have had some good luck rescutitating supposedly "dead" corals....But who knows, my luck may have run out....My open brain did the best when it sat on top of my rocks under my T5's....I think the, it must have shade is a myth....Currently it sits on the bottom I evicted in favor of some acros. It is doing well, but it doesn't expand like it did when it was enjoying its T5 sunburn....Obviously it depends on the type of light a coral is used too...You can't take a coral from a relatively dark pc lit tank and blast it up high with T5's or a 250mh....JMO....

merk1_99 said:
Where are you located Duds? I'd take it but you are probably to far away...I have had some good luck rescutitating supposedly "dead" corals....But who knows, my luck may have run out....My open brain did the best when it sat on top of my rocks under my T5's....I think the, it must have shade is a myth....Currently it sits on the bottom I evicted in favor of some acros. It is doing well, but it doesn't expand like it did when it was enjoying its T5 sunburn....Obviously it depends on the type of light a coral is used too...You can't take a coral from a relatively dark pc lit tank and blast it up high with T5's or a 250mh....JMO....

Absolutely no myth at all about some lps liking the shade. Some do well partly shaded, some full shade, and some love the light...........

Last edited:
ok well the majority of you say it's dead or it's going to die so should I get rid of it before it completely dies or just leave it in there?
Duds

i'll try for a little bit but if it gets worse then i'll toss it
Thanks
Duds

Don't toss it. keep it in the tank. Sometimes a baby will pop up on the dead skeleton.

Looks dead, but with all the tissue gone there is no longer any risk for an ammonia spike so why not leave it in the tank for a couple weeks and see. Once you start to see a brownish-red algae film cover the exposed skelton that is a sure sign that area is gone. Once the whole thing get's covered it is basically just a piece of live rock at that point.

Good Luck.

Looks to me dead, but sometimes if put into good conditions these guys can come back and have a small area that survives.

Back