Deciding on Tank Size

Nikkoli110

Non-member
So as I said before, I'm in the early dreaming stages of starting a tank again. (prob will be a year away) I have a room that I hope can be a good fish room. I took a few quick pictures (not good quality, they are from my blackberry) to give you an idea. I'm trying to decide on a tank size. I'm not sure what size tank will look good in the area I would like to put it in. I drew up a little sketch of what the rooms dims are and put up a few pics of where the tank will go in the wall. I'd love recomendations on what size to go with. I have been thinking a 75 or a 90, possibly a 120.

The wall in which the tank will be displayed is 8 feet. Inside what would be the fish room is 5 feet and then a bulit in cabinet, so the wall space where the tank would be is 5 1/2 feet, which is why I'm thinking a 75-120. I'd love to do a 125 but I don't think I will have the space. Here are the pics, let me know what you guys think/recomend. (There was going to be a Green Monster wall before I decided I'm doing a fish tank there :eek: ) And please excuse the disgusting mess!

Attachments

• fish room.JPG
    fish room.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 157
  • basement1.JPG
    basement1.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 178
  • basement2.JPG
    basement2.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 161
  • basement3.JPG
    basement3.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 177
"(prob will be a year away)"

Whoa,now that's patience.
It took me a year before my first upgrade.lol
Anyways,sounds like you have a plan and the rooms for it.

Yes, I'm trying to have patience! I just can't decide on what to go with. On one hand I want to go with the biggest that I can squeeze into that space a 125 or a 180, even if that means ripping out the cabinets and everything else in that room, and on the other hand I want to keep it as low cost as possible. I'd love to do a 125 and be able to keep some of the tangs I've been dreaming about...just not sure how well the 125's look in wall. I'm also unsure how a 75/90 will look in wall, too little for the space? I'm just so confused, too many sizes to choose from! My last thoughts are doing a 125 and just doing PC lighting for now, keeping some very low light stuff like shrooms and zoas and then upgrading in the future. Any other thoughts? Anyone on advice for in wall tanks? Thanks!!! :D

Back