Decsion on tank!!

niakon22

Reefer
OK guys.. I have decide the tank im goign with.. Its going to be 65g. 36x18x25

I was thinking of doing the rr one but i just feel it will be out of my budge for the tank then doing sump etc..

So what should i run for filtration? Hang on back filter. canistor or just get a good skimmer... let me know

live rock. youll end up regretting that you didnt get a tank rr bulkreefsuply has them for like $35 for a small one

In the long run you will end up paying a lot more if you do not have a drilled tank. Hang on the back equipment is typically of low quality. You will end up with drips all over the place. If the problem is with budget, just keep your eyes peeled for a used reef ready tank here on the forum. They come up all the time for sale, many in excellent condition.

+1 on holding out until you can do a Reef Ready setup. We had a non RR tank, went with hang on back stuff, ditched that for an overflow box with a sump, ditched that and went RR. Save your money and don't waste all the steps inbetween.

even if the tank you got isnt RR, it is very easy to make it RR. There are a lot of people here that could help you out if you needed it.

+1 on buying used equip off the BRS. I've had several excellent experiences with ppl from these boards. Always polite, rarely looking to make money, just trying to move livestock / equipment they don't need...

Back