did i bite off more than i can chew?

Johorocks

Non-member
So I've had a successful 40 gallon for about 8 months. A friend just gave me a 130 with a bunch of stuff...some of which I don't know how to set up/plumb. Did I bite off more than I can chew? Maybe I should trade for something smaller ...

if you have the room, then it shouldnt be hard to figure it out. There are many people here that can offer advice for plumbing. what are the dimensions of the 130?

It all depends on how much time you have. I did a 240 after only having a 55 when i first started out. Just take your time and research a LOT and you will be fine. The secret is having the time.

big tanks are easier to maintain if you start off right this will be alot of fun :) i went from a 40 to a 90 and i love the space, sooooo much more room for activities!

Big tanks give a lot of options with your aquascape. Plus the more water volume the more stable your parameters should be.

bit of a step up from a 40. tell us what your issues are; you can get your answers here.

good luck with the new tank...you will want bigger eventually so why not go for it now (the price sounds right).... the only down size to bigger is the cost of salt and the amount of water you have to change out if you do 20% water changes...time,work and money...otherwise your water is more stable and your options of what you can keep, and the potential of a 130 gallon are incredible...take your time and set it up right, the folks here will help you figure the plumbing and what not...good luck, and theres probably plenty of folks here who would trade a smaller tank for that one if its too much for you....

Back