DIY Protein Skimmer Parts In Need To Build

Leroy

Pres. NE Matchcover Club
Protein skimmer to build in need a 6" OD clear acrylic pipe 10" lenght and a 4" OD clear acrylic pipe 4" lenght. Anyone know of a local vendor that stocks the 6" and 4" OD? Everything else is off the shelf, HD, Lowes or FW Webb. Unless there's a huge plastic jar full of peanuts or mayo at Sams club or Cosco I could improvise the jar. (just a wild thought, gotta be creative)

I found it, 6" and 4" OD clear, 12" L, ebay, seller in Mass. combined S&H. All set

Closest one I could find on eBay was in NJ. However he goofed up twice on my order (simple mistake), and kept sending me extra tubing as an apology, LOL. Glad he did as I made a mistake on one while cutting :D

-Mike

Nice find. Is that e-bay posting cast or extruded?

If he's still got more after you get what you need, could you post a link or seller name?

Here's the ebay clear acrylic tubing http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320060660744 Combined 2 orders for $8 S&H and some change, 6"OD x 12" clear and 4" OD x 12" clear, $17. Hope to get it soon. I'll have my collection cup and riser column. Everything else is off the shelf. I'm expecting to pay out $30 in parts then the pump will be a Rio 1200, another 30 or so. $60 for a skimmer that would be approx $175 and skim a 90 gallon tank. Look forward to getting it built and operating.

Built and done. Modified dual fuctional skimmer and a 30 gallon acrylic refugium. Next, the "Sedra Mesh Wheel" modified method on a Rio 2100 or 2500.

Can you elaborate on "dual functional" and maybe get some pictures up. I would love to see it in action.

Built the skimmer as I would for an in sump then modified it to hang on the refugium. No pictures, I have a real piece of crap camera. Originaly had a full explanation build, even the 2nd bat in the basement workshop but deleted it all. Rambling to much..........

Back