DIY Stand v2.0

I am almost done painting the cabinet and side doors (white) I am using a Behr semi-gloss enamel. I have 2 coats down, and am sanding with 200 between coats. Should I need to seal the paint with anything once I'm done? I am thinking 2 more coats will be good.

For the front doors, I will be using a paper-backed walnut veneer. I am thinking not staining the veneer because I like the natural look of the walnut. What would be the best way to seal it? I have some aerosol Laquer in my paint cabinet. would this work? a few coats, sanding in between? I am new to this painting/staining/finishing thing and have lots of questions.

There's no Ill effects from all the paint fumes right next to the tank?
Sorry for the off topic question I'm just curious because I've always been scared to paint around my tank.

There's no Ill effects from all the paint fumes right next to the tank?
Sorry for the off topic question I'm just curious because I've always been scared to paint around my tank.

I just did a single coat of paint on the "skeleton" of the stand, since its not going to be visible 98% of the time. THe top trim peices were pre-primed down in the basement, glued and screwed into place, and then I painted 2 quick coats. It wasn't a ton of painting, and I wasn't worried about the fumes at all.

All of the heavy painting for the doors, I am doing in the basement.

I just did a single coat of paint on the "skeleton" of the stand, since its not going to be visible 98% of the time. THe top trim peices were pre-primed down in the basement, glued and screwed into place, and then I painted 2 quick coats. It wasn't a ton of painting, and I wasn't worried about the fumes at all.

All of the heavy painting for the doors, I am doing in the basement.
Nice ty for the answers.... Much appreciated.

I didn't get anything done this weekend.... went away with the GF for V day, came home sunday, and spent all day and night at the hospital with my dad. Nothing serious, just a scare for him.

I need to do another coat and sand the doors. This pic is completely over exposed, and its hard to see the "orange peel" from the paint. But i'm pretty happy overall. Maybe this week I'll be able to get the front doors mounted.

20150213_173709_zpsx9erngsi.JPG

Back