do you think about the light setup i have

rmleal

Non-member
Hello guys i have this setup and wanted to know if it was a good setup and what everyones opinion about it.

#1 Current USA 48" Orbit Compact Fluorescent 4X65W /4-Moon Current-USA
and run that with 2X 10K and 2X tru Actinic

#2 Current USA 48" Dual Satellite 4X65W /4-Moon Current-USA

With a total of 520W what do you guys think

These 2 light setups on a 75G AGA

Last edited:
IMO and possibly others, Metal halides would do really well on your tank. T5 could also be an option. I used to have PC lights, but after seeing the difference in light intensity, haildes blew it out of the water, figuratively speaking.

Last edited:
i just thought that i had these 2 lights and to add one to my setup and have 2 would be better and worth no coast compared to spending the extra money for MH

The best light output from 520w of electricity will be 2x250 HQI halide driven by Icecap e-ballasts.

I use to have a similar setup with 8 55W pc's over a 75 and then switched to 2 175W MH and then to 2 DE 250W MH. Much better growth in sps with the halides much brighter tank as well. Also remember the cost to replace 8 bulbs every year versus the cost of replacing 2 halides and mayby 2 actinic bulbs.

I agree with Dong using 2 250's maybe a higher temp K, you would have much more light.

MikeG is right. Using 14K bulbs (such as the Pheonix 14K), you don't need actinic at all.

aslo could you post some sites where i could pick upa complete setup like u two talked about

Which system is better
#1 Current USA 48" Orbit Compact Fluorescent 4X65W /4-Moon Current-USA

#2 Current USA 48" Dual Satellite 4X65W /4-Moon Current-USA

ok kool thanks i have these 2 and going to give it to my dad so i wanted to know the best out of the 2. thanks again ill just stick with the setup for now and save some $$$ for MH in the future.

The orbit is much better because the orbit has a better reflector. The Orbit is the brightest PC light on the market for the same configuration.

Last edited:
Back