Does anyone know what protein skimmer this is ? It’s Instant Ocean and kinda old

BostonBill678

Non-member
I had this in my basement and it worked ok but I lost the directions and I can’t fit my Marineland 1500 maxi jet on it any ideas on how to set it up ? My other protein skimmer blew 2 nights ago.I don’t have a sump or a refugium.Just the main tank .I have extra tanks to make a sump or refuge but don’t have the cash rite now .I would like to set this back up until I got the cash to make a sump but not for a couple months.I’m just trying to hook my maxijet 1500 onto it for now.Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks Bill

Attachments

• 71C20D87-1F58-41B3-987E-A23C969886B5.jpeg
    71C20D87-1F58-41B3-987E-A23C969886B5.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 191
  • D7D1D4C2-9EF4-4192-8D65-850B88ECB2F1.jpeg
    D7D1D4C2-9EF4-4192-8D65-850B88ECB2F1.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 168
Haven't seen a seaclone since 2004 when I first got into the hobby. Pretty sure there's a piece missing that screws onto the j-pipe to attach the powerhead.

Haven't seen a seaclone since 2004 when I first got into the hobby. Pretty sure there's a piece missing that screws onto the j-pipe to attach the powerhead.
That’s what I’ve been looking for that piece but I don’t know what it looks like I’m gonna see if I can find what it looks like hopefulily ,if I can find setup directions for the skimmer .It’s been in a drained tank down my basement for about 20 years.lol I bought 3 power heads thinking they were just the wrong size.

That’s what I’ve been looking for that piece but I don’t know what it looks like I’m gonna see if I can find what it looks like hopefulily ,if I can find setup directions for the skimmer .It’s been in a drained tank down my basement for about 20 years.lol I bought 3 power heads thinking they were just the wrong size.
Thanks Biggie

My anxiety is pretty much gone from watching my little guys was the best thing I could of done .Hearing from my kinda people Fish People alltrying to help.I’ve had fish since I was 6 but now with the saltwater it’s a whole new game which I’m grateful for .I can’t wait till next week when I get my check to be a full fledge member .I just wanted to say Thank You you guys are wicked awesome.
Bill

My anxiety is pretty much gone from watching my little guys was the best thing I could of done .Hearing from my kinda people Fish People alltrying to help.I’ve had fish since I was 6 but now with the saltwater it’s a whole new game which I’m grateful for .I can’t wait till next week when I get my check to be a full fledge member .I just wanted to say Thank You you guys are wicked awesome.
Bill
Glad you're enjoying the hobby, Bill!

Back