does this seem weird to anyone else?

molsen187

Non-member
i belong to another reef forum and i recently won this contest held by one of the sponsors. its to this online coral vendor so i go there and i place my order and then i get to the final page and the shipping is 70.00 for overnight. does that seem a little steep to anyone else. the site says on your first order they take 30.00 off. if they can take that off why are they even charging it in the first place. it seems a little sketchy to me so i figured i'd see what other people thought. if this is in the wrong forum i apologize. maybe i'm wrong and that is the right price for shipping from michigan but i dont think so.

for something like LR that would sound about right but not for LS. 25-30 would be right pending on the carrier. next day and first thing will also differ a bit but not that much! check out the shipping policy and rates on there home page.

Cheers,

John

Sounds kind of like a sweet E-bay deal that has shipping attached that adds up to twice the value of the item.

I wouldn't trust that vendor, and I would probably consider contacting whoever runs said forum and let them know about it.

i belong to another reef forum and i recently won this contest held by one of the sponsors. its to this online coral vendor so i go there and i place my order and then i get to the final page and the shipping is 70.00 for overnight. does that seem a little steep to anyone else. the site says on your first order they take 30.00 off. if they can take that off why are they even charging it in the first place. it seems a little sketchy to me so i figured i'd see what other people thought. if this is in the wrong forum i apologize. maybe i'm wrong and that is the right price for shipping from michigan but i dont think so.

you could go to whatever shipping service they are using for shipping and go to their website and check on the price youself and see if it seems fair.

I saw this same type of deal with oceanproaquatics.com. A pair of clownfish was going to cost $90+ dollars for next day delivery. If you order on drfostersandsmith, the overnight charge is like $30. I am going to check all shipping rates before I get my hopes up.

thanks everyone. i'm going to tell someone on the staff on the forum and see what they think. it just seems sketchy.

What exactly did you win if its costing $70 bucks for shipping? is it a gift cert. that will pay for shipping too?

i won a 50.00 certificate to spend on anything on the site i wanted. then the shipping is 70.00 on everything,doesn't matter what or how much you order, he takes 30.00 off your first order for shipping, if he can take that off why is it even added on to begin with.

Back