PRTA79

Non-member
just wanted to know do you spend more time
with your reef than your spouse

does your reef cause fights
or are you already divorced because of it

Being single is the best. You dont have to worry much...Hahahha
I still need to find a rich wife.

Deb likes to look at them but gets jealous of the time I spend on the tanks and on the forum. Maybe if she stopped watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer I'd spend more time in the living room! :D

My wife keep talking about the 400 gallon reef tank we saw in PHreef's house.

I get an allowance....:D heheheheee or as I like to call it.."a budget"
(keep in mind i blow that number i am given all the time, but he still says yes)

My Reef Tank is considered "the other woman" in my house. She's pretty cool about the spending though. Considering the last time I looked, there are more shoes in her closet than ther are corals in my tank..........

all I get from my wife is compliments on how nice it looks and all the hard work I put into it. she just got me a buckett of salt and is going to buy me any new fish I want for my birthday.

we have even talked about a fish room and a in the wall tank setup when we move.

My wife keeps reminding me that I spend more time with the tank than with her. I told her that the fish don't talk back to me....that was the wrong thing to say!

nitrofish said:
we have even talked about a fish room and a in the wall tank setup when we move.

Debs talked about me having a fish room also....but I think she means in a house other than the one she lives in....

Lol

If I get another tank, chiller, skimmer, or any other major gadget that can in any way be atrributed to the fish tank.....my wife is bound to walk :D , especially after last month's electrical bill $427.00. I need to find someone to install my attic fan, and I need my central air unit adjusted. The fan will hopefully increase the efficiency of the A/C. Also, I think an adjustment is in order since my A/C dose not keep up with the set temperature. It stays on all day and never cycles on/off......it can't be runnig right or at peak efficiency.

Also, I removed my inline chiller from the fishroom and replaced it with a drop in coil. Now this chiller is in the garage and NOT in the fishroom, adding heat. Hopefully this will also help, but I really gotta get the spending under control!

One Eye said:
Debs talked about me having a fish room also....but I think she means in a house other than the one she lives in....

If anything, the hobby has brought us closer. :) I was a freshwater fish geek before I met David, and when I found out he was slightly interested in salt, that's all it took. Now we're both up to our elbows in water..

Great

Wow, it must be nice to share the hobby with your sig other....especially the maintenance, etc. :D

MelodyDurham said:
If anything, the hobby has brought us closer. :) I was a freshwater fish geek before I met David, and when I found out he was slightly interested in salt, that's all it took. Now we're both up to our elbows in water..

mine does lift all those buckets of RO for me...big strong sweetheart...oh and i got clams for my birthday...so he's supportive. He does have the job of feeding anemones, and seems to enjoy that. Even caught him handfeeding hermit crabs.

Back