Dry skin on a Clownfish?

Cherokee_Dude

Non-member
My female clown recently stopped eating. And now seems to have what looks like dry or shedding of some sort. Not to the point where it looks like skin is falling off. But a thin mucus like film that looks like it could be peeled off. Any ideas??? :confused:

Sounds odd to me.
Maybe a fungal infection?
Is the clownfish rubbing or scratching against rocks?

That may be it.
If you really think it is, start treating all of the fish in your tank.

They call it clownfish disease, but it can affect other types of fish. Did you add any fish reccently?

Hmmm... Not exactly. I was holding a clown for a buddy in my refugium which is tied to my Display tank. He's had it a few years, and it's not showing any signs of stress...

Figured I'd let everyone know she's a gonner :(
I don't know what happened, she got sick, stopped eating and was gone in 24 hours!

As a side note, that medicine stuff reeks... Make sure you have your QT tank in another room.

My clowns get white film whenever the tank cools too much.

If I forget to turn the heater back on in the fall....or if the heater dies.......the clowns let me know.

Figured I'd let everyone know she's a gonner :(
I don't know what happened, she got sick, stopped eating and was gone in 24 hours!

As a side note, that medicine stuff reeks... Make sure you have your QT tank in another room.

Death that quick is a pretty specific symptom.

Sorry to hear, loosing a fish always sucks, even worse when you don't know exactly why. I just recently lost my perfectly healthy(appearing) hippo a few weekends ago. One minute swimming and eating then dead. NO signs of ick or stress and all other fish were/are perfectly fine. :(

Yeah, crazy thing is that there is still a seemingly healthy Orange Occ. still in the tank doing just fine! Gotta love/hate this crazy hobby ;)

Back