Duncan Coral

JimmyC

Non-member
:DLast Thursday I bought a Duncan at Jay's and one at Auqu Addicts . Both for $15 each good size ones. the one at Auqu Addicts was open when I got it and it pretty much stayed open never closed , looks beautiful :eek: . The one I bought at Jays was closed and is still closed won't come out :eek: . Jay just got a batch of them in when i got there and none of them were open . I didn't think anything of it so i bought one. It looks healthy , well the stock does, all i see is the testicles on top and they look ok. Anyone know what is going on? :confused:

Sometimes duncans can be touchy. I find that they always come out to the fullest at low light and almost no flow. After they start opening you can start moving it around again and it should keep opening.

FWIW I believe I saw the same duncans you purchased at Jay's today and they looked healthy in their tank. They were the long "stemmed" duncans in the back of the store correct? I wouldn't worry about it they should be fine...

Thats a Ballsy Duncan HAHAHA. JK! I moved mine recently and found that the difference in lighting affected it so I moved it over and it opened right up.

yea mine hated being close to the light. Moved them to the sand bed just out of ...tentacle reach of my scoly, and they couldn't be happier!

yes afboundguy those were the ones. Well then I will keep it in the no flow low light area of my tank and see what happens. So far it looks like it wants to come out but little movement and he tightens up again. Seems very skiddish for a coral. Maybe he was abused as a child, or maybe he just needs sunglasses and an umbrella.

Hey I found out what the duncan likes... Absolute Vodka .. .. ha I been reading about all this vodka dosing for Nitrates and I decided to start a dosing to see if I can drop my Nitrates to no detect. Well this duncan hasn't moved to open for what three weeks + and I put the .05ml of vodka in I went out came back couple hours later to see the Duncan almost all the way open... ha ha who would of know it was a lush.... and a pervert.....lol

Back