Easy moonlights

limey1955

Non-member
This might sound stupid, but made a moonlightfor my 55gal reef tank.
Picked up a set of blue LED christmas tree lights. Had a piece plexi glass, drilled out 60 holes and hot glued LEDs into holes, made a mounting bracket and done?? very simple.
I was very pleased with the efect and shimmer that you get .
Only cost me $8 can't beat that!

Hi, Bearwithfish
Do you know how to post pics, as i would like to show this light fixture and how simple it was to make?.
if some one could post on how to upload pics i would be great, thanks all.

Upload your pictures to a host like photobucket.com and then just copy the link and paste it here. Ya just have to create an account with them but its easy.

i agree with s_kelly create an account with photobucket or picasa (i use both) these are free sites and you can set your privacy so that people with out the link can not see it... once that is done upload a picture (or more) once all of the pix are uploaded you will have options to link to that picture (each site looks a little diferent let me know what one you use and i will guide you in more detail) once you copy the image link come to this page and click on the little picture above the reply box that looks like a picture frams and will say image when you hover over it. a box will pop up and you paste your link in there once its done everyone here will be able to see your picture... like this

Facepalm-bear.jpg

hope that helps..

i agree with s_kelly create an account with photobucket or picasa (i use both) these are free sites and you can set your privacy so that people with out the link can not see it... once that is done upload a picture (or more) once all of the pix are uploaded you will have options to link to that picture (each site looks a little diferent let me know what one you use and i will guide you in more detail) once you copy the image link come to this page and click on the little picture above the reply box that looks like a picture frams and will say image when you hover over it. a box will pop up and you paste your link in there once its done everyone here will be able to see your picture... like this

Facepalm-bear.jpg

hope that helps..

Thought I was looking in the mirror for a minute after a long day at work.

I was wondering a few days ago if anyone had tried this! Can't wait to see pics and I may stop by home depot tonight (have to get some more stuff for my return plumbing anyway) and pick up a set to try this out. My tank's not filled yet, but I've been planning out my lighting for a while now so I'll give your idea a shot.

Back